More Information and Guidelines
We are excited to welcome Commencement back to our campus! With that in mind, to ensure that we provide our graduates with a memorable and exciting experience, we wanted to provide pertinent information to all those involved with the ceremony. Below you will find information regarding Commencement, from rules to timelines and everything in between. Please use this email to reference any questions or concerns you may have about each commencement:
Attached you will find a parking map with information for handicap, limited mobility, restricted areas, and road closures. Please follow the directions of the officers and CSU employees as they do their best to get everyone to a parking space and into the building on time. There is limited handicap accessible parking located in the parking deck next to the Lumpkin Center. We have made arrangements for additional handicap parking in Lot 14 next to the deck. There is no charge for parking.
We will have 2 small shuttles dedicated to handicap designated areas. CSU Shuttle buses and a trolley will be going through the other parking lots to shuttle any guests with limited mobility.
We will have bottled water, soft drinks and light snacks available for purchase at the Lumpkin Center, first level concession stand. The CSU bookstore will also be located in the Lumpkin Center lobby for purchase of memorabilia and last minute graduate needs.
Facilities In Use
The Student Recreation Center will be utilized for graduate check in and line up
The Frank G. Lumpkin Jr. Center will be utilized for all three ceremonies, Stage Party/ Faculty hospitality and line up. Students and guests will enter through the University Avenue Main entrance unless otherwise directed.
All students should report to the Student Recreation Center for check in and line up. The check in area will be open two hours prior to the ceremony. Lineup for faculty will be in room 158 in the Lumpkin Center.
Rules and Regulations
- All state and federal regulations should be followed.
- CSU is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. Please refrain from the use of smoke and tobacco while you are here.
- Please hold applause until the end of each row. This ensures every student's name can be heard.
- Photography is permitted, tripods are not. Please refrain from the use of tripods during the ceremony.
- Please remain in your seat until the faculty has completed the recessional for the ceremony.
- The following items are prohibited from the Frank G. Lumpkin Jr Center:
- Glass Bottles/ Cans
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Pets (only registered service animals permitted)
- Aero sol Cans
- Hanging Banners, Signs, Sticks and Poles
- Laser Pointers
- Noise makers included, but not limited to Whistles, Air Horns, and Bullhorns
- Anything deemed inappropriate by CSU or University Police Staff
Bag & Package Policy
- There will be loud noises at the conclusion of each ceremony. These are planned, please do not be alarmed.
- For information on what it means to be a CSU alumnus, please visit: http://alumni.columbusstate.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=about_alumni_engagement
- For participants and patrons with limited mobility, please follow the signs for drop off/ pick up in front of the Lumpkin Center.
- If you forget your cap, gown, tassel, please visit the bookstore kiosk in the Lumpkin Center Lobby.
Thank you for your continued support.