Instructions for candidates attending Commencement
A cap, gown and stole are required to attend commencement. This regalia may be ordered directly from Jostens online with the fee paid to CSU's bookstore upon delivery or in person at Grad Finale on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 in the Columbus Room in Davidson Student Center.
Cap decoration is encouraged!
Appropriate dress for graduation includes: dark shoes, dark pants, dark dress, collared shirt, tie. Please do not bring personal items such as handbags because there is no secure holding area.
If a student needs special assistance or accommodations during the ceremony, please contact graduation@ColumbusState.edu.
Undergraduate Latin honors recognized at commencement will be based on GPA at the close of the previous term. Latin honors printed on transcripts and diplomas will be based on GPA after the degree has been awarded.
Participation in commencement does not guarantee that you will be awarded a degree from Columbus State University.
Diplomas are not received at commencement. Diplomas will be mailed to all students who have completed the requirements for a degree about six working weeks after the end of the term.
The Graduate Hooding Ceremony for Masters, Specialist and Doctorate degrees will be held on Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 6:30 pm in University Hall.
- Check-in at Davidson Student Center at 5:30 pm.
- Full graduation regalia is required.
- Hooding ceremony does not replace commencement exercises, but compliments with an intimate celebration
The ceremony for the College of Education and Health Professions will be held on Friday, May 15, 2020 at 3 pm in the Lumpkin Center.
- Check-in at Student Rec Center 1:30- 2:15 pm
- Rehearsal starts at 2:15
- Majors included: Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Curriculum & Instruction, Curriculum & Leadership, Early Childhood, Educational Leadership, Kinesiology, Health Science, Middle Grades, Nursing, School Counseling, Secondary Education (graduate level only), Special Education, and Teacher Leadership
The ceremony for the College of Arts and the College of Business will held on Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 10 am in the Lumpkin Center.
- Check-in at Student Rec Center 8:30- 9:15 am
- Rehearsal starts at 9:15 am.
- Majors included: Art, Business, Communication, Computer Science, CyberSecurity, Information Technology, Music, Organizational Leadership, Theatre, education tracks of these majors as well
The ceremony for the College of Letters and Sciences will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 2:30 pm in the Lumpkin Center.
- Check-in at Student Rec Center 1- 1:45 pm.
- Rehearsal starts at 1:45 pm.
- Majors included: Biology, Chemistry, Core Curriculum, Criminal Justice, Earth/Space Science, English, Engineering, History, Liberal Arts, Math, Modern Language, Natural Science, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Safety, Sociology, education tracks of these majors as well