- Graduation is the process of being awarded a degree. All students wishing to graduate must apply for graduation by the application deadline.
- Commencement ceremonies are the services held at the end of each fall and spring semester. These are ceremonies in which the achievement of the degree is recognized and celebrated by the University community and the students' friends and family.
2. How do I apply for Graduation?
- Applications for graduation should be submitted in MyCSU, Students page, Student Records tab one semester prior to the anticipated semester of completion; the last day of classes of the prior term is the final deadline for submission.
3. Is there an application fee?
- Yes. The graduation fee is $60.
- **Please note that the graduation application fee is non-refundable.
4. Where do I pay the graduation application fee?
- Students may pay the graduation fee in MyCSU or at the Bursar’s Office in University Hall.
5. When is the graduation application fee deadline?
- The application fee is charged the semester of graduation. Please refer to the academic calendar for the fee deadline
6. What does the application cover the cost of cap and gown?
- No. Cap and gown is separate.
7. When will I get my diploma?
- Approximately six working weeks after the official close of the term in which you have graduated.
8. What’s on my diploma?
- Diplomas include the following information:
- Student's name (first, middle, and last), degree and honor notation, if applicable
- Diplomas DO NOT include majors, minors, support field, emphasis, and or concentrations.
9. What are the dimensions of my diploma?
- Undergraduate 8.5 x 11
- Graduate 11 x 17
10. How do I qualify for University Honors?
- You must have a minimum institutional and overall grade point average, please refer to the academic catalog for the required grade point average.
11. Is there University Honors for graduate students?
- No. Not at this time.
12. If I have a University Hold will my diploma be issued?
- No, if you have a University Hold your diploma will not be released.
13. If I apply for graduation but do not graduate, why can’t my graduation application be used for the following semester?
- When you apply for graduation, you are applying for the degree to be awarded in that particular term. Graduation applications DO NOT roll to the next term. If you do not complete all the requirements, you must reapply
14. Is there a summer commencement?
- Please note that there is no summer commencement. Summer candidates have the opportunity to attend the Fall commencement.
15. Who do I contact for additional graduation information?
- Please contact the Office of the Registrar at registrar@ColumbusState.edu
16. What is Grad Finale?
- During Grad Finale you will have the opportunity to place your order for cap, gown, graduation announcements, and class ring. The dates for the Grad Finale will be posted on the website.